I grew up in Poland and have always been surrounded by art and nature. I took my first art lessons with my father, who is a self-taught artist, and at the time was creating copies of 19th century historical paintings. I guess that watching my father painting various figures and expressive faces, determined my interest in portraiture and figurative art.
I later moved to Krakow, enrolling in a five-year art course to develop my skills, gaining my Master of Arts degree in 2008.
For the next ten years I continued to paint, while opening my tailoring atelier, working as art conservation assistant, dance teacher and tour guide. Throughout this time, I kept developing my skills by watching other artists’ works, studying old masters and experimenting with different techniques.
In 2015 I moved to London and in 2020 I became a full time artist. I’m drawn to portraiture, however, I like diversity, tending to work in interchanging cycles across different genres, like landscape and still life. I’ve realised, that my plein air practice helps me improve as a portrait painter.
MY WORKS ARE ECO FRIENDLY AND CRUELTY FREE
As sustainability, our environment and animal welfare are very important to me, I do my best to ensure, that I work with materials that are true to my believes and values, using upcycling techniques, non–toxic solvents and high-quality synthetic brushes. I never use animal glue, widely known as canvas primer.
- Royal Society of Marine Artists Annual Exhibition, 2021
- Beckenham Place Park Art Exhibition, 2021
- Figurative Art Now Online Exhibition, 2021
- Doncaster Art Fair, 2021
- Royal Society of Portrait Painters Annual Exhibition, 2021
- King House Gallery “Seasons”Art Competition, 2021
- RWA Annual Open Exhibition, 2020/21
- Bath Society of Artists Open Exhibition, 2020
- Krakow City Cultural Centre, 2011
- “Na Strychu” Art Gallery, Krakow, 2009
- Museum of Municipal Engineering, Krakow, 2008
- Atelier Art Gallery, Krakow, 2007
- National University of Kiev, 2005
- The Governor House, Kamianets-Podilskyi (Ukraine), 2005